The challenge is to use packets of instant noodles to test your culinary skills; with success I share with you this down to earth, gourmet treat.
Ingredients for this recipe can be counted on one hand. Eat the final result on its own, as a burger/sandwich filling or tag it along as a side.
What you need to make 6 patties:
- 2x packets of instant noodles
- 1x carrot
- 3x large potatoes
- Oil for frying
- Optional: seasoning to experiment different flavours. This time round I used Cajun & basil. You could also try oregano, cumin, coriander…
Whip it up…
- Peel potatoes, cut into chunks and boil until tender to mash.
- Grate carrot into a large bowl.
- Cook noodles in a small pot. Drain so that there is only about 1/4 water left with the noodles (the aim is to have the noodles saucy not soupy); add noodle flavour sachet and cook until most of the water evaporates.
- Remove noodle off heat and cut with scissors to get it bitsy. Combine with carrot, along with the mash and any other flavours.
- Use a spoon and warm wet hands to roll mixtures into balls.
- When ready to fry, cook 2-3 patties at a time on the oiled fry pan. Press down on the balls, lightly, with a spatula to get them patty-formed.
- Ta da!
So I’d love to hear, how did you go with my first gourm-EH recipe?