An easy scrumptious one pan meal that can be cooked for numerous servings! Here I leak my homemade recipe for cheesy white sauce that can be used in Mac & Cheese, lasagna and much more…
Let this cheesy pasta dish romance your taste buds!
Ingredients (quantity advised serves two mains, double if needed)
- Cooked pasta (spirals or bows work best)
- Fry up some bacon & mushroom
- Chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp butter/margarine
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: Olives
- As if butter wouldn’t melt in your mouth, heat up a pan and let the butter swim.
- Stir in the flour, you will end up with clumps.
- Gradually add the milk, mixing the clumps into the liquid until it is all stirred in.
- Next add the cheese and season your sauce!
- Add substance by including your pasta fillings – I loved the trio of bacon, mushroom & spinach but try different ingredients for a varied dish.
- Plate it up! If you like olives, they top this dish lip-smackingly.
Would love to hear how you went – enjoy.